Wednesday 1 February 2017

Nuby Natural Touch Digital Breast Pump Review


I’ve always kept an open mind when it comes to breast and bottle feeding, I breast fed Emelia for 6 weeks before having to move on to bottles due to my milk drying up. 
This time round I wanted to try and breast feed but thought if I couldn’t I would try expressing
and bottle feeding before jumping straight into using formula.  I wanted to have a breast pump ready and spent weeks trying to decide which one to buy.   We really love Nuby products and found the bottles to be the only ones that worked for Emelia, so without hesitating bought new ones ready for Oscar.  I decided I’d buy the Nuby Natural Touch Digital Breast Pump, the reviews seemed ok but more importantly it is a brand I trust and felt confident it would work for me.  I wasn’t wrong! 

Having Oscar 8 weeks early meant he would be spending time in Intensive Care, therefore my plans for feeding weren’t going to go to plan.  Although he wasn’t fed for the first few days, I did begin to express so the milk was there ready when he was strong enough.  
The hospital had a Medula one which they encouraged me to use, but to be honest I found it uncomfortable, so Brett brought the trusty Nuby in for me – much to the hospitals disapproval. 
From the start I found the Natural Touch pump to be clear and easy to use, it was comfortable and worked extremely well.  It gave me one less thing to worry about in an already stressful time. 
What makes it stand out?    The Nuby Natural Touch Digital Breast Pump has 2 pumping modes, the first stimulates the milk flow whilst the second is the active expressing mode.  Both simulate a baby feeding resulting in more milk production.   You can adjust the speed and strength of suction to suit your needs and comfort.  There are 5 levels for each, you can have a slow suction and faster speed, fast suction and slow speed or the same level for both.  A brilliant function, being able to choose meant I was always in control and comfortable. 

The Digital screen is easily read during both day and night.  The display is clear and easy to understand, the top shows which function you are using, whilst the bars show which strength and speed you’re set to.  It also has a timer to keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.  
The set includes one 9oz Nuby bottle which was a bonus!  The horn of the pump comes with a cover to keep it clean when not in use and soft silicone cover which provides extra comfort and support throughout expressing.  In addition there is a bottle stand to reduce the chances of knocking it over – something which has saved me on numerous occasions! 

Is it easy to use?  Without a doubt! I didn’t  even look at the instructions when putting it together, it was simple and self explanatory.  Although, the instruction manual is detailed and easy to read if you wanted to go by it.  You need to be near a power socket when expressing as the pump needs to be plugged in, so, perhaps not ideal if you’re out and about and want to express quickly.  Nuby do have a really good manual Breast Pump which I used inbetween feeds with Emelia, I’d certainly recommend it if you prefer manual pumps, it’s also cheaper than the digital pump.  When you’ve finished expressing the Natural Touch Digital Pump is really easy to dismantle and clean, it comes apart for thorough cleaning and sterilising – something I’m a bit OCD about, especially having a premature baby.  
Conclusion:  In my honest opinion, I believe the Nuby Natural Touch Digital Breast Pump to be a brilliant product, it’s easy to use and clean, comfortable and fantastic value for money.  I would absolutely buy this over and over, and highly recommend it to anyone in the market for an electric breast pump. 
It retails for £89.99 and you can buy it from Nuby’s online store as well as Amazon and Boots, I’ve linked each below. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig